As you’ve been building your business over the summer and early autumn, Scottrade® Advisor Services (SAS) has been busy adding services and improvements to make your job easier. Here’s a summary:
- Fresh looks for our website and RIA custodial platform, designed to improve usability.
- A new marketing agreement with Morningstar® includes a discounted bundled solution of Morningstar Technologies available to SAS Advisors.
- A new marketing agreement with Orion Advisor. Scottrade will pay Orion’s standard Service Fees for all new accounts opened at Scottrade or transferred to Scottrade from another provider for one full year from the transfer date of the account.
- A streamlined account opening process with electronic signature.
- Banking services now available for your clients via Scottrade Bank
Scottrade® Mission Appears to Resonate with RIAs
Scottrade® Advisor Services’ stated mission to become a growth partner with emerging RIA firms appeared to be resonating even before the latest improvements rolled out. “Fiscal 2016 was a record year for net new assets,” said Brian Stimpfl, senior vice president and head of Scottrade® Advisor Services. ”We are bringing quality firms to Scottrade, whether they manage a few million dollars and have a strategy for growth, or several billion dollars under management and can use our resources to help their clients.”
A powerful but practical RIA custodial platform is central to the Scottrade® Advisor Services mission, and the commitment to excellence does not rest on what has already been achieved. Major enhancements still to come include:
- Improving money movement capabilities
- Adding trade-away and settlement services for fixed income
- Introducing a solo 401(k) prototype plan
Customer Service Remains Paramount
Superior customer service remains has always been a Scottrade hallmark. After Scottrade® Advisor Services implemented a dedicated cross-functional team structure to foster a more efficient, effective and empowered service experience, the SAS Net Promoter Score jumped 6 points in 6 months. (The Net Promoter Score is based on responses to the question “How likely is it that you would recommend the company to a friend, family member or colleague?”)
Scottrade believes that superior customer service is a natural outgrowth of the way it treats its own employees. That’s one reason why leadership focuses on steps to improve the associate experience. “Our associates,” said Brian, “are the backbone of everything we do. We are firm believers that if we take care of our people, they will take care of our clients and that will lead to growth and success.”
Scottrade, Morningstar and Orion Advisor are not affiliated. Third-party websites, research and tools are from sources deemed reliable. However, Scottrade does not guarantee accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information, is not responsible for statements, offers or products issued and makes no assurances with respect to results to be obtained from their use. No information presented constitutes a recommendation by Scottrade or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy. Please research any product or service carefully before investing.